EDIT: APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MAY 31, 2020
We support PhD (N094 & N790) students who attend an international conference to present their research. Our StV Postgrad Travel Grants will be available soon. Please, find all relevant application criteria and information on the requirements and application process below.
- Application period open from May 1, 2020 until May 31, 2020.
- Application is only possible for conferences attended between July 1, 2019 and May 20, 2020.
- Application is only possible for attendance at international conferences. The venue has to be outside of Austria.
- Your application will only be considered if you presented your PhD research there (oral, Poster).
- Complete application form is required. Applications without or with an incomplete application form will not be considered.
- Cheapest reasonable option for travel and accommodation has to be chosen.
- The following expenses are eligible for funding: travel (bus, economy class train, economy class flight), accommodation (no 5* or more hotels) and/or registration fee only.
- No receipt, no funding.
- The maximum funding per person is EUR 500. In total, 20 travel grants are available.
- All eligible applications will be rewarded with a travel grant on a first come, first serve basis until the maximum of 20 travel grants is exhausted.
- To apply for the StV Postgrad Travel Grants, send all documents, confirmations and receipts merged into only one pdf file to: email@example.com (subject line: Travel Grant).
- Application form incl. cost report -> StVPostgrad_TravelGrants_ApplicationForm
- Confirmation of enrolment (printed from med.Campus)
- Confirmation of thesis registration (printed from med.Campus + signed “registration of the doctoral thesis” form)
- Confirmation, signed by the supervisor, that you have not received and will not receive any other funding or travel grant for this conference
- Confirmation of acceptance of abstract for oral presentation or poster
- Confirmation of attendance of the conference
- In case your trip was partly funded by other funding sources, confirmation documents of funding by other funding sources must be included (additional information below)
- In case you have any questions, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If your trip was partly funded by other funding sources, the following additional rules and requirements apply:
- No double funding: Funding by a StV Postgrad Travel Grant is only possible for an expense/amount that was not funded by other funding sources.
- The statement of your supervisor must clearly state which expenses were funded by which funding source and which amount was funded.
- The cost report must contain clear information which expenses were funded by which funding source, which amount was funded, and which amount for which expenses is requested from a StV Postgrad Travel Grant.
- Confirmation documents of funding by other funding sources must be included in the application. These documents should at least contain the amount of funding and which trip/ which expenses was/were funded.